Calling Female Audio Performers/Narrators! We’re looking for you!
We’re excited to announce an open casting call for the audiobook version of Chad Ryan’s “Ghost River.”
We’ve decided to bring this groundbreaking horror/magical realism novel to Audible and other retailers in 2021.
But first, we need to find the right voice for the denizens of Orphan Rock!
Here’s what we’re looking for…
- A female narrator (this is non-negotiable) with a smoky voice, reminiscent of Lauren Bacall/Barbara Stanwyck
- Characterization is KEY, the cast is unique (and the drivers of the story) and should be acted out more than read
- A narrator comfortable with elements of extreme horror and dark subject matter (here’s the content warning)
- The narrator must have the ability to produce studio quality material & recordings
- Voice acting and narration experience is a BIG PLUS
- We are looking for a royalty share arrangement (50/50 split)
- A “Per Finished Hour” rate may be negotiated, not to exceed $100 dollars
How to submit…
- Select portions of Ghost River (chapter one is available for free here)
- Record a brief sampling of your work
- Submit to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with the subject “Ghost River Audition.”
- Characterization is critical! Esther, Minister, Liz need to shine through and feel real, not read.
- Avoid overly polishing the narration: Ghost River is a book about being IMPERFECT w/heavy slang
- A bit of a twang in your vocals will go a long way bringing the cast to life!
Submit them to “email@example.com” with the subject “Ghost River Audition.”
Good luck to all who audition! We look forward to hearing you!